Information Sessions for the Disney College Program will be held at the College of Lake County Grayslake Campus on September the 10th and September the 11th at Noon in T326 by Carolyn Serdar and the College of Lake County Career & Placement Services Office. If you have any questions, please contact Carolyn Serdar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-543-2058. The board with images was completed by Jordan Dunning a Business Major, Christina Guess a Art Major and Denise Shapiro a Hospitality & Culinary Management Major. The Disney College Program is a paid internship with the opportunity to also earn college credits. Read more below for application requirements and rewards.
LIVE with and meet people from all over the world
LEARN business philosophies from a Fortune 100 company
EARN real-world experience that will stand out on a resume
As a Disney College Program participant, you’ll become part of the magic that is known worldwide. You’ll get valuable, on-the-job experience in our parks and resorts, and expand your knowledge in a classroom with international diverse students from all over the country and potentially the world. Discover new worlds and create long-lasting memories. Because here, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will change your life forever.
As a part of the Disney College Program, participants have the incredible opportunity to advance their strengths and interests, meet guests and cast members from around the country and take part in educational opportunities students can’t get anywhere else. This truly unique program allows participants to network with leaders, take part in personal and career development classes, and build transferable skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, guest service and effective communication.
In order to submit an application for the Disney College Program, applicants must meet the following requirements.
1. Be Enrolled as a Full-Time or Part-Time Student and Taking Classes
Students must be currently enrolled and taking classes in an accredited college or university in the United States and have completed at least one semester.
- Students who have not yet graduated from high school but have dual enrollment with a college are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have taken college courses, but are currently taking “time off” from school are not eligible to apply.
- College freshmen may apply during their first semester of school to participate during their second semester. The Disney College Program cannot serve as your first semester of school.
- College seniors may apply for the program and participate immediately after graduation, but must be enrolled in school at the time of their interview. Seniors graduating in April are eligible to apply for either the Fall Advantage or Fall programs.
- Graduate students may apply. However, it is important to note that this program and its educational components, are designed for undergraduates.
2. Meet Any School Requirements for Participation
Students also must meet any additional criteria their school requires for participation in our program. This may include G.P.A., grade level, and number of credit hours earned. Schools will be contacted to verify eligibility.
3. Be at Least 18 Years of Age by the Time the Program Begins
All participants must be at least 18 years of age by their arrival date.
4. Possess Unrestricted Work Authorization
Participation in this program also requires unrestricted work authorization.
Below is a list of our Total Rewards, which are all products and services designed to support our cast members in all aspects of their lives – at home, work, and play.
- Pay & Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit
- Costumes/uniforms are provided
- Life & Leisure
- Discounts at select Walt Disney World ® and Disneyland ® dining, merchandise, and recreation locations
- Discounts at select Walt Disney World ® and Disneyland ® Resort hotels*
- Disney Cruise Line ® Discounts
- Discounts at participating local businesses
- Theme park admission for cast members*
- Cast member exclusive sneak previews of new attractions, parks, and resorts
- Wellness programs
- On-site health fairs and seminars
- Life-management services
- Cast member clubs, instructional programs, and sports leagues
- Credit union membership
- Learning & Working
- On-site learning centers and programs
- Educational opportunities
- Company & Community
* Benefits vary by employment site and are subject to change at any time.
* Block-out dates and other restrictions apply.