The College of Lake County is located in the far northeastern suburbs of Chicago, serving a district with the third largest population in the Illinois community college system—713,000 residents living in more than 50 demographically distinct communities. We have a diverse student body with more than 18,000 students in credit programs. Learn more.
Hours of Operation
Mon 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Tue 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Wed 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Thu 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Fri 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Career & Placement Services
We hold the key to unlock the door to your career, providing job search assistance to CLC students, alumni and Lake County residents.
Jobseeker and Student Services
Do you need help finding a good job?
Look no further than the Career and Placement Services (CPS) office at the College of Lake County! Our staff provides professional career and job search assistance to CLC students and alumni as well as to Lake County residents who are seeking full-time, part-time or seasonal employment.
We provide individual and group assistance in career assessment and exploration, job search techniques, resume writing and interviewing skills. If you’d like to explore these topics at your own pace, you are free to use the wide variety of print, video and multimedia resources available in the Career and Placement Services office.
Click Below On The Pinterest Icon To Follow Our Boards!
- Weekly JobFlash Report (pdf)
- Internship Flash Report
- Mini Job Fair
- Career & Placement Services Upcoming Job Fairs & Events
- Student Employment/Work-Study – Assist students with finding student employment opportunities both on and off campus
- Visit College Central Network to view Employment Opportunities
- Mentor Handbook (pdf)
- Mentee Handbook (pdf)
- Mentoring Network Program Application (pdf)
- Cooperative Education – Earn credits while learning in an employment setting.
- Service Learning
- Career counseling and job search assistance – Individualized assistance is available on an appointment basis.
- Volunteer Fair and Classes – CLC offers a class Introduction to Volunteerism.